In this guide, we will explain how to install a watch band with standard spring bars.
Step 1 – Removing the old strap
1) Lay the watch face down on a soft surface such as a microfiber cloth to avoid damaging the watch.
2) Hold the watch case with one hand while using the other hand to insert a spring bar removal tool in between the lug and the band. You will be able to feel the forked end of the tool catch the spring bar ridges.
3) Push the pin inwards towards the strap, guiding the pin out of the hole in the lug. Repeat this step for both sides of the watch.
Step 2 – Installing the new strap
1) Ensure that the buckle end is installed on the top side of the watch.
2) Place the spring bar into the strap. Note that some straps come with the spring bars already installed.
3) Position the strap in between the lug pinholes.
4) From here, you can compress the pin using the spring bar tool while sliding the spring bar itself securely into place between the lugs.
5) Repeat the previous step for both sides of the watch.
And that’s it… Your new strap should now be installed and ready to go! If there is something you would like to see us cover in one of our future “how-to” instructional guides, please let us know in the comments section below!