Watch ClaspsShow Filters
Showing 1–12 of 14 results
Showing 1–12 of 14 results
Explore our wide array of replacement clasps for your watch band. Different watches require different clasps, and it can be difficult to secure one when it’s needed. Here at StrapsCo, you’ll most likely find the closure and other watch parts you’re looking for.
Read more >>
We carry all types of watch clasps, including the regular replacement, deployment, and butterfly clasps. Choose from different stainless steel colors, such as yellow gold, silver, rose gold, and black. We cater to watches of the following sizes: 12mm, 14mm, 16mm, 18mm, 20mm, 22mm, and 24mm.
Worried about getting the wrong clasp watch size? Reach out to us, and we’ll gladly provide assistance. Explore our website for other watch accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are watch clasps?
These are bracelet closures that allow a watch band to be opened and locked close. They are usually made for stainless steel bands, which is a commonly used material for most casual and elegant watches. Almost all popular timepiece brands use these locks to secure their watches to the wrist.
What are the different types of watch clasps?
There are several types of watch clasps used in the market today. The most common ones are the following:
- Deployment clasp – This closure works by folding out when opened through a built-in latch mechanism. It’s a common type of buckle used by many timepiece manufacturers today.
- Deployment with safety – Unlike the regular deployment type, this closure has an extra fold-over layer after safely locking in place. This is an added security that most prestigious watch brands use.
- Butterfly clasp – Also known as a hidden clasp, this closure opens at both ends of the band. When opened, it resembles the wings of a butterfly, which explains its name. Many premium manufacturers use this type as it provides a seamless look to the watch band when closed.
- Push-button butterfly – This is similar to the butterfly closure, only that it uses a push-button mechanism to easily open the band.
- Buckle – The buckle type is common among straps with softer materials, such as leather or canvas. Similar to a belt closure, it uses a loop and pin to secure the bracelet strap.
How do you fix a watch clasp?
There are many ways to adjust or replace your metal clasp. To carry it out yourself, you’ll need to be equipped with the right tools. This includes a spring bar tool, flathead screwdriver, digital gauge, ball peen hammer, and your clasp of choice. You can read about it or watch video tutorials to get started. If you’re not keen on DIY-ing, bring your StrapsCo metal clasp to your nearest watch repair shop.
How do you change a clasp on a watch bracelet?
Changing into a new watch closure requires a set of skills and specialized tools. For instance, you’ll need a spring bar tool and a digital gauge to maintain accurate measurements. This will also determine if you bought the right clasp for your stainless steel watch band.
If you need more information about how to replace your old watch clasps, don’t hesitate to call us for professional help. Another convenient option is to bring your timepiece to your local watch repair station and have the steel closure replaced there.