Garmin introduced the Forerunner series back in 2003, seventeen years ago. Since then, this series of watches has been used by runners and triathletes, both during training and competition. One of the significantly affordable options and a relatively new watch in this series is the Garmin 35. Aside from its durability, it is crammed with features that include an optical heart rate sensor, smart notification support, and activity tracking.
Read more >>
Can You Change Garmin Bands?
This is an excellent question, because even if Garmin watches are known for their durability, that does not automatically extend to the watch bands themselves. Since the watch bands touch the skin directly, they become dirty (even if the color of your watch band is black or dark blue) from perspiration and dust, and eventually they become damaged—serious runners and triathletes know this. The good news is yes, a customer can change the straps on the Forerunner 35.
When Should You Change an Original Watch Band to a Replacement Band?
- When it’s obviously damaged already. This is a no-brainer. Rubber or silicon watch straps usually have a limited lifespan, so even if you try to prolong the life of the watch’s original strap by cleaning off the perspiration and dust, when you see the band cracking or breaking, this is a sure sign that replacement is inevitable.
- When you want to save money. Most of the time, you don’t need to replace the watch itself, especially if it’s still working perfectly. You only need a replacement band to make your watch look brand-new, and it’s also way cheaper: a brand-new Garmin will set you back close to 200 USD, while a strap here at StrapsCo only costs 20.99 USD.
- When you want to be (even more) stylish. A lot of Garmin’s GPS watches are circular, but the Forerunner 35 looks more like an Apple Watch, with its flat face and square design, which sets it apart from the rest of the Garmin lineup that either looks sporty (the Forerunner 35, for instance) or more like a traditional watch. The middle ground between sporty and traditional already makes the Garmin Forerunner 35 look stylish, but you can be even more stylish with replacement bands that come in different colors: black, blue, purple, and red.
What Can a Customer Expect From Replacement Bands Here at Strapsco?
StrapsCo’s fashionable silicone band comes in a smooth finish and a sporty look. It’s comfortable and durable, making it the perfect replacement for your Garmin Forerunner smartwatch.
With the tool kit included with the strap, it’s easy for you to replace the watch band yourself.
More Product Information About This Silicone Band:
- Compatibility: Garmin Forerunner 35
- Material: Silicone Rubber
- Length (not including buckle): 200mm (125/75)
- Includes tool and screws for strap replacement
- Does not include the watch
- SKU g.r11
- Available colors: black, blue, purple, and red (product color may differ from picture depending on computer/mobile screen).
Jocelyn (verified owner) –
This was a replacement for the silicone strap that I originally ordered and failed. This is far superior to the original order and the original strap that came with the Garmin. It is of good quality and installed easily. I like that because it is canvas, the installation piece is made of metal so will be far more durable than the plastic piece. The only reason I gave 4 stars is because the strap was a bit stiff at first and was difficult to put the strap through the loops and felt a bit odd after being accustomed to the soft silicone. After 5 days, the canvas is loosening or softening up and I could not be more pleased. I think this strap will last for the remainder of the device life.
Colleen (verified owner) –
The strap was easy to install and matched the OEM strap. It lasted about the same amount of time as the OEM strap. Have had to replace the OEM strap and StrapsCo strap so far.
Julie (verified owner) –
It was easy to install and is good quality.
Greg Gore (verified owner) –
Perfect replacement. Tool kit rocks.